Sunday, October 31, 2010

So much to say....so little time!

A good time was had by all at The Hammer last night.  Many thanks to the Tennysons for putting on such an awesome party.  Where have I been for the last 5 years?  Brandy, get those pictures up so I can post some on the blog!  I'm sure they are funny as hell!

Speaking of a good time...daddy (Stephen) had too much of a good time!  In fact, he had a good enough time for the whole party!   Parker is asleep, and I am sitting on the couch watching Gracen "doctor" daddy up.  That brown bottle flu really sucks, doesn't it dear?  12-15 beers and jigger juice will do it to ya!  I had a great time and only drank 3 beers.  And after looking at him this morning, I am so glad I did!

Well, it's Halloween.  My first "holiday" without my dad.  I have a myriad of emotions.  I'm super excited because Gracen really understands Halloween this year and Parker gets excited about everything.  I can't wait to dress up my little pirate and parrot tonight.  On the other hand, holidays completely stress me out because I feel like I can never enjoy them from all the running around we do!  We will be here, there, and everywhere starting at about 3:30 today.  It's the annual family hayride this year as well...which I opted out of.  I'm sure I'll regret it, but right now I just can't do it.  Like I've said before, that was something that my dad and I did together.  I think it would just about kill me to step on that cart and tour around the farm, passing my parents house where I'm sure everyone (including me if I were there) would shed a tear.  I'm not ready to see my family like that again...my grandparents, etc.  Mom said that I KNOW dad would want me to take Gracen on it.  Sorry dad, maybe next year. 

And on a random note, this takes me back to the day my dad died.  It was Kyle's birthday.  Poor Kyle, right?  Your 12th birthday, marked by the death of your uncle.  Looking back on it now though, dad had it right.  I have never felt more love than I did on that day.  Dad must have known we were all going to gather together that evening to celebrate Kyle's birthday, and we did.  We just had a few extra family members and friends that stopped by to help.  The ice cream man came...the kids danced...adults laughed and cried...it was a complete and total celebration of my dad.  I don't think the day of his death was meant to work out any other way. 

So here's to you dad....on this All Hallows Eve...I hope you are living it up there in Heaven.  I'm sure you'll get a kick out of the kids' costumes when you look down and see them later.  P.S.  Could you give my husband a good nudge for me?  If you don't, I will.  He's passed out in my floor.




No comments: