Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ONE DAY I'll be able to sleep in my own bed, by myself, all night and my kids will sleep in until 9!

Hahahaha....love my children but what horrible sleepers they are!  They are the most restless children in the world.  (I know you are wondering about that sound machine.)  The sound machine worked again, but Parker had a restless nice.  When I finally picked him up about 6, he burped 3 times and then got the hiccups in his sleep.  Poor little guy...no wonder why he was rolling around.  Oh my children and their digestive issues.  Parker has been on Neutramigen since about 9 weeks old, and I'm hoping to switch him to something like Good Start or Similac soon.  He gets Good Start when he goes to bed at night and I put his Zantac in it.  He has done pretty well.  I'm just too chicken to switch him over completely!  Neutramigen is soooooooooooo expensive though....$32 a can!  Seriously, formula manufacturers, does it really cost that much to make?  I highly doubt it. 

So right around 7:00, I hear the moaning from Gracen's room.  Parker had been in bed with me for about a half hour and was sleeping soundly and then Stephen brings her in and plops her down and she is ready to play.  I spent the next 20 minutes trying to get her to be quiet and lay down until I realized it was no use. 

"Mom, I say morning to Parker."
"No, he is asleep.  Leave him alone please."
"Parker, hold my hand, Park."
"Gracen, he's ASLEEP."
"Okay, I tell him night.  Night Parker, Wuv you, (Smooch)."  She then looks up at me and says, "So sweet." 

All I can do is chuckle to myself. My little girl also has quite the imagination.  She loves the Backyardigan's episode about Pirate Treasure so she commonly refers to herself as Pirate Pablo.  I am "Pirate Urika (Uniqua)," and Parker is Captain Tyrone.  Often times when I can't get her attention or I need her to do something, I call for Pirate Pablo and he's right there.  haha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can so relate (unfortunately). Especially the part where the (un)helpful husband allows the older sibling within 50 yards of the baby you just spent 30 minutes coaxing to sleep. Just remember, we'll miss these days when they're grown - I think!