Friday, October 29, 2010

Santa Claus is coming to town...

Okay, so shoot me for typing that, but I can't help myself.  I just called Toys R Us to make sure that I was on their mailing list because I did not receive one of their toy catalogs last year, and I am dying to get it this year!  Anyway, looks like I am on their mailing list, and it is on its way.  Whew, crisis averted!  Quite honestly, aside from the ever stinging pain of dad being gone, I am looking forward to this Christmas.  Gracen completely understands what is going on, and Parker gets excited about everything.  We will be having a lot of fun this year.  I even had some gifts arrive today!  I'm also anxiously awaiting the arrival of the first Christmas commercial.  I haven't seen any thus far.

The Grays did another wonderful job of putting on a great fall festival for SJS.  I was so happy to see some of my old co-workers/friends and Gracen had a great time---maybe too good of a time!  Her favorite thing was getting to ride the pony, Peanut.  I actually can't wait to put her in horseback riding lessons.  I think she would do really well.  She was hysterical....as she was going around on Peanut she kept saying, "Howdy Partner," and tipping her helmet/hat.  I'm not sure where she gets this stuff from!  She fell sound asleep on the way home, and I had to somehow, very cautiously, get her pull-ups on her for fear she would wet the bed during her nap time!  I was able to get them on without her even budging.  Parker, on the other hand, was up when I got home, and he still is!  That boy has got to go to bed!  Here is Gracen riding the pony, peanut...

My little girl is getting way too big!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She got "howdy partner" from Woody. I think she is becoming a little Toy Story fan. Jack will make sure of it.
-Leslie

The Armsworthys of Clements said...

Too funny! Oh what conversations those two could have! I'm beginning to love Toy Story myself. We were in Target tonight, and I wanted to buy her every TS3 thing in there!