Monday, October 25, 2010

Busy weekend!

Wow, what a busy weekend....yard sale Saturday and Toy Story on Ice yesterday.  What a cool show!  As I predicted, Gracen was petrified...but at least it only lasted the first half.  After intermission, she watched in awe, and by the end of the show, she was dancing with Camden.  It really was a very entertaining show...even for adults!  If you can, go watch it!  See my pics below and video :).








So as I was saying, busy weekend and now a busy week!  Tonight we have to head out to Target and BJs and to get hair cuts for everyone (except me).  Parker is getting his first hair cut as his hair is growing over his ears.  Stephen is ticked because we have to go out.  I swear, I'm just tired of the struggle. There are certain things we have to do sometimes....sorry!  He made mention that this week was getting away from him....well, it's only Monday.  The only thing I can think of is that he's headed to NC on Sunday (after the kids trick or treat), and he wants to tie flies or God only knows what.  I wish he had a better sense of time.  Plain and simple, Stephen hates having a schedule (he doesn't steal it), and hates organization...two things you absolutely need when raising kiddos.  Anyway, he's a good boy and works hard, and I obviously love him.  Sometimes I just feel like the simplest thing is so difficult.  Of course, he's not going to like the idea of having to eat at Panera or whatever either (spending money).  There's no way we can have a normal dinner, head out and do that stuff, and then be home at a reasonable time...just no way. 

Thursday we are heading to my aunt's work for their Halloween party--this is always a big hit. They put on an awesome show and the kids get to trick or treat.  I ordered Parker a parrot costume today.  It was really cheap and so was the expedited shipping.  It looks adorable, and since Gracen is being a pirate, Parker will be the perfect accessory! 

Sunday, of course, is Halloween.  In keeping with a tradition (probably for 6 years or so now), my family is also having the annual hayride on the farm.  I started this tradition with my dad years ago.  I don't think I can attend this year.  It would be too sad for me.  I don't want my kids to miss out, but it really always did feel like something my dad and I talked about and weighed in on with one another every year.  Ugh....here come those feelings.  I've been thinking about him a lot anyway with the approach of this "holiday".  I miss him so much, and I know that he can "see" my kids from Heaven, but it's obviously not the same.  Anyway, like I said....don't think I can go.  The kids' naptimes fall right smack in the middle of it anyway.  I remember the exact hospital room, time, and place when I briefly discussed it with my dad this year.  I never thought in a million years that he wouldn't make it.  The thought crossed my mind that he would probably have to watch from the sidelines....but not the sidelines of Heaven.  It's funny though, because lately (the past couple of days), I haven't really felt like it's all real.  I know that sounds silly.  I know he's gone, but in a way, it still feels like he's in the hospital or something.  I don't know.....hard to describe.

I just read the facebook posts of two people and they talk about Christmas being 2 months from today.  I'm still very much looking forward to it....Gracen really understands this year, and it'll be fun having two.  There's always a sadness that hits me after the smile though.  I guess it'll always be that way.

Both of my kids are sleeping pretty hard.  I'm going to finish up some laundry and maybe take a little cat nap.  Later ya'll!

My dad and Allison on the hayride.  This was probably the first one.  Ally looks to be about 2....5 years ago?


No comments: