Sunday, November 7, 2010

A can't miss show! And....HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT DONNA!

The Wiggles! Yes, you heard me correctly.  I will pay money over and over again to see them.  Cheezy...maybe a little, but honestly...very funny and extremely talented.  We had a great time rocking out to them yesterday at 1st Mariner Arena.  Well, eventually we did.  Once Gracen was able to get out of her seat, stand up, and dance, she totally calmed down and was shaking their hands by the end.  Murray, Anthony, Sam, and Jeff might get paid a lot, but they surely earn their money.  They are non-stop dancing, singing, performing tricks and acrobatics and they are constantly in the audience...shaking hands and reading signs and taking pictures.  I was very impressed by these 40 and 50 somethings.

So what in the world am I going to do with my almost 3 year old?  Take her to any event like that and she immediately starts into a frenzy of shaking uncontrollably and crying.  I can only feel sorry for her for about 15 minutes and then my patience runs thin....very thin.  Yesterday was no exception.  She comes by it honestly too, poor thing.  I've been in her shoes.  And that's just the thing...I don't want her to end up like me!  Afraid of my own shadow.  I've tried everything...talking to her, reasoning with her, bribing her, punishing her...everything!  Nothing works and we are left with everyone staring at us.  Cam and Kristen surely aren't going to want to join us anymore!  Everything was fine when they were singing...she was in a trance, but the minute they stopped, she started again!  I just don't know what to do. I want to be able to take her to things like this and have fun with her. 

About 20-30 minutes into the show, Kristen and I realized that all the other kids were up and dancing around in the aisles and such.  Normally, arenas don't allow this for fear of a fire or other people not being able to see, etc., but they totally did yesterday.  We let the kids get down and dance around and play, and Gracen turned into a different kid.  Suddenly, she wasn't afraid anymore.  I came to the conclusion that it was something about sitting in the seat, feeling like she was "trapped" that made her wig out.  She wasn't afraid of any of the Wiggles, Dorothy, Wags, Henry, etc.  She apparently didn't like the feeling of being in the dark (and it was loud) with no control of her own.  Wow, wish we had stood up from the beginning!  By the end, I was able to make my way to the front with her on my shoulders where she shook hands with Murray!  Seriously, best show thus far....even for mom who was able to laugh and act silly and forget her troubles for 2 hours. 

So, like said...find a Wiggles show near you and GO!!!!!!

Check at my pics on fb.....
Cam and Gracen glued to the show!


Happy Birthday to my Aunt Donna!
The kids miss you, and we can't wait to see you in NYC!  We hope you have a great day!

No comments: