Saturday, November 6, 2010

Black Friday! Oh how I love thee!

There is very little on earth (barring my wedding day and birth of my children) that excites me as much as a good bargain.  For the past 15 years of my life (since I could drive), I have looked ever so forward to Black Friday shopping.   There are no two words that excite me quite as much.  I'm not sure if it's the Thanksgiving evening of looking at great sale papers and buys or the gathering of coupons or just the sheer exhilaration of running out the door at 5 am or so to beat the rush.  Crowds and lines don't really bother me.  It's all part of the holiday season.  I revel in the sound of holiday music playing in the background while I shop. 

Then there's that one Black Friday when mom ran over my foot at Best Buy when picking up our television.  It was a trip to the ER but nothing broken! 

Or the other Black Friday where I did stand in line with Gracen (11 months old) to get a tv at best buy.  Everyone in line kept her entertained and she was quite good.

Or the year I was just getting over strep but made it to Waldorf with Kristen!

Last year I traveled to Arundel Mills with my cousin Courtney and my cousin Matthew's gf (now fiance), Candice.  Oh yeah....5 months pregnant with Parker too!  Ugh, it was soooooooo hot in those stores---my only complaint!

Now, this year, I will do my early November outlet shopping on Veteran's day.  I used to go on "conference Friday" as a teacher but waited until Vet's day this year knowing that a majority of my family would have off and could go too.  I'm really looking forward to it. 

If you haven't done so yet, become a fan of Black Friday on your facebook page---tips on lots of coupons/sales.  I would also try Wow Coupons and Black Friday ads.  They never fail me!

Off to see The Wiggles today with Camden and Kristen!  First time I've been to Bmore since September 17th.....

No comments: