Tuesday, October 4, 2011

To send or not to send...

Gracen is now a preschooler...that's right...a full-fledged circle-time pro.  Where has the time gone?  She has begged me for the past year to put her in school, and we finally did it!  Her first day was September 6th, and I have to tell you....she's a natural.  The bell rings and she barely kisses me good-bye! 

Today I was faced with my first dilemma as the mom of a preschooler.  Gracen has a cold that she's been working on for a couple of days now.  She is stuffy and has a small cough, but her nose is not pouring out snot, and she has no fever.  In fact, she's eating fine, drinking fine, sleeping fine, and bouncing off the walls like normal.  My question this morning was, "Send her to school or keep her home?"  So, here is the decision I made...

I kept her home.

I have to tell you that given all the circumstances (and the fact that I have gotten really used to that 2 1/2 hours of having only one kid), this was a really hard decision for me to make.  Soooooooo, I put my teacher hat on and remembered how I loathed the parents that would send their kid to me, doped up on Benadryl, hacking their heads off with snot pouring out of their nose and the need to get up for a tissue every 5 minutes.  Oh how I would shake my head in disgust and use my hand sanitizer every 2 seconds!  And people, I'm not exaggerating. 

SO, hence my decision came to keep my kiddo home and have her rest up (even though she didn't even do that).  She has "Donuts for Dad" on Thursday too, and I don't want her to miss that! 

Weigh in, moms...what would be your decision?

No comments: